Love sauces and sallads – that can brighten up any meal. In Charlottes home there is usually some of that with any meal. Sometimes with as a starter on its own, but usually as part of a main course.
these sallads are easy to serve without bread – just use endive or heart salad. Perfect boats to fill with the goodies
Or you can click it directly on your veggies or serve with a piece of meat.
An absolute favorite is an avocadosallad :
Mix the follwing roughly with a fork
- 2 x mashed avocado
- 100g seared feta
- 1/2 finely chopped red onion
- and for creaminess you can also add a spoonful of mayonnaise.
If you battle with candida overgrowth, this sauce is not to recommend as it contains feta, which, though not a traditional dairie (not made of cows milk) provide to much lactose.
Another is my favorite tuna sallad:
- 1 can of tuna (in water)
- 2 sliced spring onions (use both the green and white)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (finely chopped)
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- 1 – 2 dl mayonnaise (depending how liquid you want it)
- salt and pepper
Or what do you think of Salmon sallad with horseradish, On a bed of spinach and arugula you can put thinly sliced avocado (1/2 per person) and a chunk of sallad made on
- 150g chopped Smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp finely grated horseradish
- 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 dl mayonnaise
- squeezed 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
Chimichurri – South American green sauce
- 2 dl finely chopped parsley
- squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 dl finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 dl olive oil
A simple eggplant stir on 1 x roasted eggplant, 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds, 1 tbsp sesame oil, lime juice from 1 lime and a handful of fresh coriander, providing a fantastic nutty experience.
Making this sallad/sauce takes about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius
- Divide the eggplant lengthwise and cut grid patterns on the cut surface without cutting completely through
- Brush generously with olive oil and salt
- Place the eggplant in the oven for 20 minutes with the cut surface facing up
meanwhile, mix the lime juice, sesame oil, sesame seeds and coriander in a small bowl and when the eggplant is taken out of the oven, leave it to cool off for 5 minutes. scrape out the meat and mash with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and eat lukewarm.