Last night we ate homemade HAMBURGERS, and these were probably the best we’ve ever eaten.
My hamburger looked like this:
First a leaf of lettuce to wrap around the burger, then a beefburger, a slice of blue cheese, some red onion, tomato and to top it all – homemade baconaise.
Try it – you won’t be disappointed
4 servings (or for 2 adults and a starving 18-year-old) :
- 800g minced beef
- One egg
- 1.5 tsp salt/some proper turns of ground pepper
- A blue cheese cut into as many slices as you make steaks (I made 6 proper steaks out of the meat)
- One pack of bacon (140g)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 dl neutral oil (i prefer rapeseed)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- leaves of a large head of lettuce
Start with the baconaise
- Place the bacon slices on a cold frying pan, and fry on a high temperature until crispy
- pick the bacon out of the frying pan and leave the bacon fat in the pan.
- Put the bacon aside to cool off
- Pour the rapeseed oil into the frying pan – let it also settle and cool
- Mix the bacon (I did that in a mixer)
- Whisk together the egg yolk, vinegar, mustard and salt/pepper in a small bowl
- Slowly add the tempered baconfat/rapeseed oil while whisking
- Mix in the finely chopped bacon
- Place cold until time to eat
Slice onion, cheese and tomato
Mix minced beef, egg, salt and pepper for the steaks and make 6 – 8 round flat hamburgers
Grill the hamburgers to your liking – we prefer ours slightly red in the middle
Put everything on the table and assemble your burgers. Tasty meal.