Sometimes it’s possible to get it right even on a normal rainy Monday – and today was one of those days. Everybody enjoyed this tasty creamy dish of turkey, brie cheese and mushrooms, with cream sauce flavored with chives and rosé pepper.
Actually, I was going to make the dish of chicken but during preparation and planning for the week yesterday I managed to find some smaller pieces of turkey breast in my local food store and they replaced the planned chicken in today’s dinner.
The dish is fast to make and most of it takes place in the oven, precisely as it should be on a day like this.
5 servings :
- 900g turkey breast in 2 narrow pieces
- 250g brie cheese
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 dl full fat yogurt (greek, russian, smetana)
- 2 dl full fat cream
- 1.5 dl of my own bone broth (use substitute instead if you don’t have ready made broth)
- 1 tsp rosé pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Arugula salad
- Cherry tomatoes
- First I turned on the oven at 200 degrees celcius.
- Seasoned the turkey pieces with salt and pepper and let them fry lightly with butter in a pan.
- Into the oven for about 20 minutes (depends on the oven and thickness of the meat). I used a meat thermometer and picked the meat at 60 degrees.
- Meanwhile, I rinsed and fried the mushrooms and stirred up with broth, yogurt and cream. Added rosé pepper and flavored with salt. This i kept sizzling on low temperature while the turkey was in the oven.
- I also cut the brie cheese into 1cm thick slices .
- After the turkey had passed 60 degrees celcius as internal temperature, I took it out of the oven and cut 5 slices into the meat that I stuffed the brie slices into (about 10 slices in total in the 2 pieces).
- Back in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the cheese had melted.
We had some arugula salad and fresh cherry tomatoes that we put on the plate and then we added a piece of the turkey together with the mushroom sauce on top of that.
I hope you think it tastes as good as we did, when it is now your time to cook. And if you can’t get hold of turkeybreast, chicken breasts works just as well.
Wishin you a tasty meal