Today we contribute with the recipe for a good dish that works even if you work to battle of Candida or parasites such as Blastocystis Hominis. Good, fat and fullfilling.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks (8 pcs)
- 1/2 large or one small cauliflower head (about 1kg)
- 250g Broccoli
- Arugula salad
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp salt (approx…. taste taste as you go along that it’ll be the way you want it)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 clove of garlic
- Butter (75g to melt + 2 x 25g to fry in)
- A few drops of truffle oil – or other oil of your liking
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius and find an ovenproof dish for the chicken. Also look for 2 pans for broccoli and your cauliflower rice as well as a small saucepan to melt butter in.
Start with The Chicken :
- Melt 75g butter over medium-low heat and while you’re doing it-
- Place the chicken bones in the ovenproof dish
- Mix equal parts salt and ginger and divide half of it over the chicken.
- Flip the pieces and distribute the rest on the new face-up side
- Brush some of the butter on the chicken and put the chicken dish in the oven.
- Let the chicken bake for approx. 25 minutes
While the chicken is in the oven, leave the rest of the melted butter in the saucepan and keep it warm. If you want, you can also boil it – either way, you can use it as a warm sauce when you serve the dinner.
Cauliflower Rice & Roast Broccoli:
- Divide the cauliflower into just the right size that allows you to hold them while you grate them roughly – alternatively place them in a mixer and mix till the size of rice
- Divide the broccoli into mouthfuls. Cut the stem into “money” about 3-4 mm thick
- Salt the cauliflower rice and let it settle for a little while – as long as it takes for you to roast the sesame seeds on a medium-warm frying pan.
- Pour the sesame seeds into a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop the garlic clove
- Melt butter in both pans and roast the raw cauliflower rice for a few minutes, stirring the cauliflower in one pan and frying the broccoli with a little salt and garlic a little longer (this also stirring) on the other
- When the rice is ready, put it in a bowl and blend in the roasted sesame seeds, cinnamon and cardamom, and it is ready to be served
- When the broccoli is ready (it should have got its nice dark green color and a bit of fried surface, but still be crispy), put it in a bowl and drizzle over some truffle oil or other oil of your liking
Remove the chicken from the oven and serve with arugula salad, melted/seasoned butter, cauliflower rice and raw roasted broccoli. Tasty meal 🙂
In total, this should not take more than about 45 minutes from start to finish if you are the sole chef in the kitchen (15 min preparation, 25 min in the oven and 5 min to pick up and put on the table).