Most of us need to increase our veggie intake and get higher variance in what we eat. Since I am very fond of veggie pancakes to have for breakfast as well as emergency food during the week, adding different veggies always offers a great additional variety-
The favorite so far has been the zucchini beefs/pancakes, but this one comes in as a strong runner-up.
Basic ingredients for about 15 – 20 beef/pancakes are:
- 150g roughly grated halloumi
- 500g coarsely grated vegetables (cauliflower, zucchini or carrot, for example)
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced both white and green
- A pot of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp minced shell of psylliumseed (binding everything toegther)
Here’s what to do
- Place grated halloumi, grated vegetables, spring onions and coriander in a bowl and mix together
- Salt and mix around
- Add the eggs and stir
- Sprinkle psylliumseed in and mix around. Leave to settle for a few minutes. If the batter thickens a little, it is ready to click out into steaks, if you choose it more liquid it will be more like pancakes. If you want a thicker batter, mix in a little more psyllium into the batter and leave to settle for a few more minutes.
- Click butter or coconutoil into a frying pan and melt at medium heat.
- Once the fatr has melted, click out the steaks/pancakes and flatten (the steaks) to about 1 cm thickness. Leave to fry for a few minutes so the steaks stay in shape.
- Flip the steaks and reduce the temperature to less than medium heat and let the steaks fry for about 5 more minutes. Flip again and let the steaks finish frying.
- Serve as breakfast, lunch or dinner with salad (e.g. arugula and tomato) or with other optional fresh vegetables and also a seasoned mayonnaise, that’ll give you a nutritious and fullfilling meal with both protein, vegetables and fat.