Maarit served her family this nice mustard chicken recently. Husband and son join Maarit’s recoveryjourney but have no sugar addictions themselves. Regardless of the attitude, the family reported that this dish was “lick-plate-clean-good”, which we can say is a good rating 🙂
The recipe below is for 4 people
- 4 chicken fillets, in chunky bits
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 spice measures black pepper
- 1 tsp super salt
- 2.5 dl coconut milk
- 1 dl whipped cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (sugar-free)
- 140g of bacon
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cauliflower head divided into small bouquets
- 2 small broccoli heads, divided into smaller bouquets
And you do like this
1. Fry the chicken fillets in the butter, salt and pepper to taste. Fry all around.
2. Pour over the coconut milk, cream and mustard. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. While the chicken simmers, cut the bacon into smaller pieces and fry them on a separate pan. When the bacon is almost ready, pour in the onions and mushrooms and let them sizzle for a while.
4. Lift the bacon mix over to the chicken casserole. Try not to bring so much fat.
Let everything simmer together for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and cauliflower.
5. If you think a chicken fillet becomes too large, divide them into 4-5 pieces and put them back in the casserole.
6. Put some broccoli and cauliflower on a plate. Top off with a chicken fillet or about 4 pieces of chicken. Pour over some sauce.
Maarit wishes you a tasty meal