Returning from the LevaSockerfri retreat to Nerja, Spain, I came home with lots of new food inspiration based on the amazing food Helena Anderson served throughout the week.
If you want to know more about the retreat, you can read our inspiring travel story here (in swedish)
The first inspiration i brought home was to try flavouring your own mayonnaise with a little sesame oil and mash boiled broccoli with avocado and basil.
Both were a real hit together with a bacon-wrapped turkey breast and some shortly fried fresh green asparagus.
The recipe comes here:
Bacon-wrapped turkey breast (5 people)
- Fresh turkey breast (best size 800g-1kg)
- 15 slices of bacon of bacon
- 2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 25g butter
- Turn the oven at 175 degrees celcius hot air
- Start by wiping the turkey breast dry and seasoning it with salt and pepper
- Place the butter on the frying pan and let the butter melt.
- Fry the turkey breast well on all sides
- Bring out an ovenproof dish and place the bacon wrapped in the dish creating a braided “carpet”.
- put the turkey breast on top of the bacon carpet
- Fold the edges of the carpet over the turkey breast
- Place a spatula under the package and turn it around so the braided bacon comes face up in the ovenproof saucer
- Place the bacon and turkey package in the oven and let it roast to the internal temperature of 62 degrees celcius (about 30 – 45 minutes depending on the oven and the size of the turkeybreast)
2 dl Homemade sesame-flavored mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 dl neutral oil (mild olive oil can work or neutral rapeseed oil)
- salt to taste
- sesame oil to taste
- Knock out egg yolk, white wine vinegar and mustard in a narrow bowl with high edges
- whisk together with an electric whisk
- whisk the neutral oil slowly with the electric whisk (first a few drops and then a constant ray)
- salt and season the finished mayonnaise to the desired strength of the sesame flavor.
Mashed Broccoli a’la Helene (to 5 servings)
- 600g broccoli
- 2 ripe avocados
- Half a pot of basil
- 25g butter
- 2 eggyolks
- Salt to taste
- Divide the broccoli into bouquets and cut the stem into 1cm thick “pennies”
- Bring a casserole of water to boil and add 1 tsp of salt
- Add the broccoli and let boil until soft – about 10 minutes – time depending on the size of the bouquets.
- Drain the water and leave the broccoly to dry.
- Peel and core out both avocados and add to the casserole with the broccoli
- also add basil, butter and egg yolk
- Mix with blender/mixer till desired consistency
- Season with salt
Lightly fried fresh green asparagus ( 5 servings)
- 500g asparagus
- 25g butter
- Break off the woody lower part of the asparagus
- Rinse the edible part
- Melt butter on the frying pan and fry the asparagus on medium-high temperature.
- Fry for a few minutes while you stir a couple of times.
- Salt and serve
Serve according to the hand model – a 3-dimensional palm with protein, a hefty dollop of broccoli mash (the amount you can have in a cupped hand. About 1/2 dl of mayonnaise and a few asparagus. delicious, fulfilling and nutritious.